“At least 50 % of your leads are not sales ready at their first conversion.”
Lead Nurturing is a process by which leads are tracked and developed into Sales Qualified leads.*
Lead Nurturing for Maximizing Conversions in 13 Easy Steps
1. Ensure that your Sign Up process is streamlined.
2. Think through the process from your customer point of view to ensure that the process is not cumbersome.
3. Review your email analytics to clean the subscriber list to improve conversion rates and click-through rates.
4. Offers should be relevant to the product or the category that you operate in. Unrelated offers may not mean conversions.
5. Include a Call To Action or The Next Big Thing to do. In addition to a welcome Mail include a thank you Page with an offer that your customers find interesting.Show them a way to shop easier.
6. Know your audiences and tailor content to their interests.
7. Refreshing your email Marketing lists every year is important as 25 % of the list is irrelevant every year due to turnover and change in email addresses.
8. Create lists with subscribers as customers who opt-in are more likely to be interested in your product.
9. Start with a prominent subscriber box and test different sites to see where the conversion for the subscriber box is maximum.
10. Grow your subscriber base with partnerships with the other sites and blogs.
11. Stay relevant to keep your subscriber base engaged with fresh and relevant content.
12. Conduct a frequency study to understand how often they would like to hear from you.
13. Segment your emails based on subscriber behavior and interests. Segmentation could be based on Geographic location, roles, behavior and Content Interest. They could be further segmented based on Brand Advocacy depending on their current interaction with your brand.
Content Mapping Checklist for Lead Nurturing
1. Identify Content assets and map them to different stages of Lead Nurturing Cycle.
2. Organize Content by the type of platform it can be used on or the content type itself.
3. Classify content based on sales funnel stage. In absence of data that can be attributed to a sales funnel stage it is important to look at barriers at each stage.
4. Classify content to meet the needs for each segment and identify missing content.
5. Map Content Workflows based on the type of content and the sales funnel stage.
*Forrester Research Blog
Source – Enterprise Lead Nurturing Guide, Kuno Creative, Best Practices Subscriber List, Act On, Optimizing Email Marketing Hub Spot
Image courtesy of photostock at freedigitalphotos.net