According to a Bizrate report 69% of online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item they’ve purchased or wanted to purchase as compared to only 40% of online consumers who visit Facebook.
With Pinterest Business pages, Brands can optimize the web presence while branding successfully to reach newer audiences.
Who uses Pinterest?
- Pinterest has more than 12m US users.
- 28.1% of Pinterest users have an annual household income of at least $100,000.
- There are more than 200,000 active Pinterest users in the UK.
- 29% of UK users are in the highest income bracket.
- According to Experian, in the UK Pinterest saw a 786% increase in traffic last year from 901,761 visits in September 2011 to 7,985,316 in September 2012. Meanwhile in the US Pinterest saw a 15-fold increase to 139m visits in September 2012 compared to 9.2m in the same period in 2011.
- Pinterest is now the third most popular social network in the US in terms of traffic.
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3 times as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- The average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site.
- US users spend an average of one hour and 17 minutes on the site.
- According to Repinly, the most popular category on Pinterest is ‘food and drink’ with 11.9% of pins, followed by ‘DIY and crafts’ 9.2% and ‘home décor’ (5.9%). However, looking at pinboards rather than single pins, home décor is actually the most popular category (11%) followed by ‘art’ (10.7%) and ‘design’ (10.3%).
Five Steps to Successful Pinterest Brand Presence
1. Prime your Profile Page
Priming your profile page includes, the brand name, logo, related website link and relevant social media profile links.
Brand Logo and Profile page name should be consistent with your brand naming and branding guideline. The Page Name and the User name should ideally be the same, so that users can locate your page easily.
Choose the About Us that describes your presence in the offline and the online world, with the brand name mentioned in the About Us Section and optimize the same for Keyword search.
2. Attractive Category Covers and Descriptions
Add Category Covers that are attractive and help users identify and connect with the content that they are searching. The descriptions should be easy and lead customers to more usage or the desired action that you are seeking such as sharing content.
3. Products and Services
Showcase your best selling products with an appropriate category name such as Best Sellers or Popular and update the board frequently for your returning Pinners. It is important to mention prices as well as brief product description and highlight any special offers.
4. Content Curation
In addition to sharing a lot of content it is important to Curate Content that is seen as relevant and provides an experience for your brand such as including video clips that are engaging and will bring pinners to view your board frequently. The content need not be directly generated by you but must create an experience for your brand, directly or through an influencer.
Some fun and easy tools that will help you with content selection and pinning are mentioned in the Five Websites that improve Pinterest”.
5. Add the Follow Me buttons to your site to get more followers and the Pin it to your content for wider distribution and sharing of your content.