Dove Real Beauty Sketches, the campaign has generated almost four billion PR and blogger media impressions, which continue to increase daily. Global launch coverage highlights include:
— 121 print features
— 484 major broadcast news and lifestyle segments
— Thousands of online articles that have generated hundreds of thousands of
comments, likes and shares
— 4,090,848 shares on Facebook, Twitter and blog posts
— Trend in shares can be seen from the chart below
The film, which explores how women view their own beauty in contrast to what others see,
has been viewed more than 114 million times to surpass all previously recorded video ads,
according to the Viral Video Chart reported globally by Unruly. Evian roller babies campaign
has been shared 3.1 million times.
“GEICO Hump Day Camel Commercial – Happier than a Camel on Wednesday”,currently has more than 6.1 million views and over 1.6 million shares.VW’s ‘The Force,’ [TNT’s] ‘Dramatic Surprise,’ and ‘Dumb Ways To Die,’ the first, second and fourth most shared ads of all time respectively.
Steps to Create a Successful Video Ad Campaign
1. Create messaging that resonates with the Targeted Audience
2. Evoke emotions that the audience will like to share with others
Dove published survey data asserting, “Over half (54%) of women globally agree
that when it comes to how they look, they are their own worst beauty critic,
which equates to a staggering 672 million women around the world.”
3. Work on a roll-out strategy that will seed conversations.The Dove Campaign was rolled out in four major markets with a PR Push through key publishers and distributors such as the Today Show, Mashable, Huffington Post and Channel 7 Morning Show in Australia.
4. Post it on YouTube and share it with subscribers and target the right audiences and include the right hashtags in the description.
5. Create follow-up messaging within a context as in the case of Dove for Mother’s day
6.Use media partnerships effectively
Dove also saw eight million follow-on views from TrueView alone. Added a YouTube homepage masthead in the US, in partnership with Mindshare, giving Dove 100% share of voice for a day on YouTube.com. Search and TrueView in-search, gathered hand-raisers from both Google.com and YouTube.com.
Source: Business insider, Google Insights and Unruly Media