Facebook introduces Trending at Oscars in partnership with ABC Television that lets you post and share the liked moments from the awards night and at the same time see what your friends are posting and writing about.
With Trending Experience on Facebook you can :
- See posts from your friends and people in your network with Friends and Groups
- See real-time reactions from people around the world with Live Feed
- View photos and videos from news outlets as well as people at the show
- View posts from the Academy, ABC, the nominees, and other public voices with In the Story
- Join the conversation by posting about the show with the update “watching the Oscars” and “watching the 87th Academy Awards”
According to Social Times, Oscars 2014 generated last year’s Oscars generated 25.4 million combined posts, comments and likes from 11.3 million users.
On Twitter, Twitter Movies has created an experience that lets you keep up with the newest and get the updates by following Twitter Movies.
The Fan engagement on Facebook creates an experience of trending moments that are shared with Friends, On Twitter the posts are more about special Red Carpet moments that can help brands connect with audience real-time.
Brands Dove and Twitter have come together to create #SpeakBeautiful campaign that addresses self-esteem issues women face.