According to Nielsen’s preliminary results, the telecast of Super Bowl 50 on CBS, which ran from 6:39 ET p.m. to 10:21 ET p.m., drew an average audience of about 111.9 million viewers who tuned in to watch the Denver Broncos battle the Carolina Panthers. The golden anniversary game, in which the Peyton Manning-led Broncos defeated the Panthers 24 to 10, was viewed in an average of 54.3 million homes and had a preliminary 46.6 U.S. household rating. Preliminary estimates also found that 72 percent of U.S. homes with televisions in use were tuned into the Super Bowl 50 telecast—the highest household share since Super Bowl XVI in 1982. According to preliminary estimates for Super Bowl 50 simulcast on ESPN Deportes, 483,735 people (P2+) tuned in.
According to the NFL report on Super Bowl 50 that saw Denver Broncos‘ 24-10 victory over Carolina Panthers recorded a whopping 167.0 million viewers, as per CBS, making it the most-watched single broadcast per Nielsen’s Fast Total Audience Estimates.
Doritos Ad featuring an ultrasound was the most shared ad though according to Visible measures, Ritz Crackers that went with an online only video marketing approach saw the highest reach pre-game.
1. Ritz Crackers – Big Game Snacks – 29,288,180 True Reach®
2. Wix.com – #StartStunning – 28,476,601 True Reach®
3. Doritos – Crash the Super Bowl: Final Edition – 27,326,005 True Reach®
4. Hyundai – The Chase – 27,097,018 True Reach®
5. Amazon – #BaldwinBowl – 23,987,112 True Reach®
6. Sam’s Club – Big Game Zen Babies – 23,035,445 True Reach®
7. TurboTax – It Doesn’t Take A Genius To Do Your Taxes – 22,313,206 True Reach®
8. Axe – Find Your Magic – 20,351,406 True Reach®
9. T-Mobile – Super Bowl 2016 – 17,866,261 True Reach®
10. Heinz – Wiener Stampede – 13,937,414 True Reach®
According to the official YouTube blog, the most watched ads were:
Top Trending Big Game Ads on YouTube based on views (as of 2/8 3 a.m. ET)
- Hyundai – The Chase – Hyundai Super Bowl Commercial | The 2017 Hyundai Elantra
- Pokémon – #Pokemon20: Pokémon Super Bowl Commercial
- MINI USA – MINI USA | #DefyLabels Big Game TV Spot
- Hyundai – First Date – Hyundai Super Bowl Commercial | The 2016 Hyundai Genesis
- Mountain Dew – Mtn Dew Kickstart: Puppymonkeybaby | Super Bowl Spot
- Hyundai – Ryanville – Hyundai Super Bowl Commercial | The 2017 Hyundai Elantra
- Axe – AXE – Find Your Magic [60 second version]
- Doritos – Doritos® Crash The Super Bowl Finalist – Ultrasound
- Snickers – SNICKERS® – “Marilyn”
- Doritos – Doritos® Crash The Super Bowl Finalist – Doritos Dogs
Super Bowl In Search
According the Official YouTube update, there was a reported 1,000 percent spike in search interest in Beyonce after the halftime show. Meanwhile, searches for “Longest punt return” spiked 8,000 percent in the first quarter of the game.
Top Searched Moments of the Super Bowl
- Beyonce performing “Formation”
- Lady Gaga performing the National Anthem
- Jonathan Stewart scores touchdown
- Brandon McManus scores field goal
- C.J. Anderson scores touchdown
YouTube Ad Blitz lets you vote for your favorite advertising. Go ahead and share the glory, vote for your favorite advertisement.