Facebook has introduced new Calls To Action that allow you to order food, request an appointment or Get Tickets to Movies or events making it easier for people to take action faster once they have found something to do or a place they want to go to.
According to the Facebook post, the initial roll out will be in the US. These new experiences are currently only available in the U.S., but more ways to “communicate directly with businesses on your time and terms” are expected to be announced in the “coming months.”
- Order food: You can now order food from restaurants directly from their Facebook Pages. Simply click “Start Order” on any restaurant’s Facebook Page that uses Delivery.com or Slice.
- Request an appointment: For local businesses that require you to book an appointment, such as spas and salons, you can now request a time via the business’ Facebook Page and view their entire slate of services and offerings. They’ll then get back to you on Messenger to confirm your appointment.
- Get a quote: Some local business Pages will now have a “Get Quote” button at the top that lets you easily and quickly request a quote from the business.
- Get tickets to movies and events: For many new movies this fall, you can buy movie tickets straight from their Facebook Pages via Fandango. In partnership with Ticketmaster and Eventbrite, we’re also making it possible for people to get tickets to other events — free or paid — directly from the event page on Facebook.
Facebook has rolled out a new Recommendations feature that makes it easier to gather, map, and organize recommendations from your friends. While writing a post you need to turn on recommendations for a post, that lets you organize places to visit and things to do for a local business or service. You can also turn on recommendations bookmark to ask for suggestions or help your friends. With the revamped events tag, You can catch up on the events activity from friends and hosts and browse event recommendations based on what’s popular with friends or events you’ve connected with in the past. The newest version of the Events dashboard will be available in the U.S. “in the coming weeks.”
Music, Celebratory events and Sports are the Content Genre that create the most audience engagement for Live streamed events. Mary Meeker’s 2015 Internet Trends Report , has shared statistics for viewers of live streamed events for Snapchat Stories where over 40 Million viewers engaged with Snapchat Stories over three days for a music event.
Advertisers and Brand Marketers planning to use Live streaming for promoting their brands or products can follow some of the Best Practices that can help them engage audiences with live streaming.
Create an event pertaining to the Content genre that is likely to engage audiences with live streaming.
Announce the event to engage fans prior to the event, as can be seen for Pepsi where the Content genre is Music and the event has been announced on Twitter.
User Generated Content is big and getting our audiences engaged with a user-generated contest, content curation or playlists creation can create a significant buzz for your events.
Archive the best moments from your Live Stream to YouTube for creating Video Content that audiences can engage with and can help you endorse your campaign.
Vertical orientation of your Live stream is critical as vertical screen viewing is on the rise. Remember while creating the vignettes and backdrop as well as any user interaction is increasingly taking place on vertical screens.
Apps are popular with the audiences and it’s not surprising that event marketers as well as sponsoring brands are bucking the trend.
Clean and Clear has taken events marketing with apps a step forward by signing up Social Media Celebrity Lauren for brand endorsement at the 2014 MTV VMAs. The Instagram profile is updated to mention the coverage.Clean & Clear We’re inspired by girls who aren’t afraid to say #seetherealme, so we’re sending @lglaurenn to the VMAs. Follow here & on Twitter for the BTS action http://www.youtube.com/user/CleanandClearUS
The Chart below elaborates time spent and average number of Apps used by different age groups.
Five Steps to promote your Brand at Events
1. Sign up a celebrity and cover the event with live updates.Engage the fan following of Celebrity with posts and updates from Celebrity Twitter and Instagram to promote the countdown to the event as well as the event with event specific Hashtags.
2.Cross Promote with a video with a link to the Instagram as seem for Clean and Clear.
3.Promote the Instagram posts on social media sites with the hashtags. It may be a good idea to include trending hashtags.
4.Include live coverage of events
5. Link it to your Brand site as well as sharing sites such as Eventstagram to create the event showcase.